Almost Snickerdoodle Cookies
(yields approx. 3 dozen)
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Once butter has fully melted, measure and mix the dry ingredients.
- When butter has cooled, add eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Pour egg and butter mixture into dry ingredients. Blend until all the dry ingredients are fully mixed.
- Place cookie dough into refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a medium size bowl.
- Once cookie dough has cooled, spoon 4-6 balls into the cinnamon sugar and roll into balls.
- Line cookie balls on a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet and refrigerate for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake cookies 8-9 minutes. After pulling out of the oven, leave on cookie sheet another 5 minutes. For crisper cookies I recommend smaller cookie balls, not extended time in the oven.
- After 5 minutes place cookies on a cooling rack.
Cookie dough can be refrigerated if tightly sealed in plastic wrap or frozen. Lasts up to a week in the refrigerator. Fully cooked cookies also are great to freeze. Pull out as many as you like when you want!
Posted by: Alaska House of Jade
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Like us on Facebook!